Maintaining Sanity

I don't know about you guys, but I'm learning a lot about myself these days.

For instance, I'm perfectly happy to be alone ... for about nine hours after I wake up in the morning. Right about then I start getting twitchy, which makes for a lovely mood come supper time. I'm not sure what would cure this. Sleeping till noon? Nah, that causes too many other issues. Maybe an afternoon nap?

Landscape aside from my first trip to Moab in 2013.
I've learned that if I'm a millennial, I haven't completely committed. Case in point: twice this week I've tired of texting and just called the person I was chatting with. It was easier.

I've learned that in the current climate, true crime podcasts are actually a better distraction than they are depressing.

I've also learned that it's still nice to break things up with something completely different. (Need something short and sweet? Check out The Anthropocene Reviewed.)

I've learned that I enjoy the National Park Service Instagram page an awful lot.

And I've learned that instead of reading to avoid cleaning, I will clean to avoid writing. That was an interesting twist.

Speaking of which, there are things to get done and the day's still young(ish). Stay safe, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review