It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like ... Uh, October?

Ah, it's going to be an interesting day. I'm cooling it down here in the lab, and I'm all alone and feeling chatty. We'll see how many blog posts are the result of this. (It would definitely make a difference if I didn't have so many five-minute breaks in which I only have time to stare off into space or type a couple of paragraphs. Or if I wasn't caught up on all the data input, for the first time ever.)

(And then there are the times I have to pull myself away because the centrifuge suddenly sounds as though it might lift off.)

So I've managed to frighten myself this morning with my public display of philosophicality (PDP). That may be another trust thing ... In any case, don't expect it to happen again. Not today, anyway.

My awesome housemate brought me a bowl of chili (she got it for lunch and then changed her mind), so now my poor body gets some nourishment. As far as food goes, I think today might actually go better than most weekdays have lately (no more forgetting to eat for me!).

When she stopped by with the chili, I had the chance to poke my head outside again and wonder why the heck I left my sweatshirt at home. It's chilly and grey out there ... and I love it.

There's just something about winter. I'm not sure what it is exactly, although I suspect it has something to do with fresh snow, warm fuzzy clothes, and school vacation days. For those of you taking bets, the last one wins. Then the snow. Warm clothes come in last. (Four people just said, "Duh -- you'll be wearing flip-flops when it snows. You're kind of dumb sometimes.") Then there are the fun, food-filled holidays ... Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's ... Ah, makes me feel happy all over.

I give you ... today's Frazz comic strip!

(Heh heh heh ... Any of my friends from the Russia trip will understand the humor that exists to me just because he's talking about college mascots. Most of my friends from school will understand why I find Caulfield's choice funny. The rest of you -- well, sorry, you're left out of this one.)

With this thing, Facebook, and reading about immobilized enzyme (it's almost shocking how much reading I'm actually getting done -- this has been a rather productive day), I'm managing to fill all the "holes" between tests. And I'm feeling lethargic, too, but I can live with that one. After all, my only intention when I get home is to crash and sleep. It's been a long week. (Pop tests do that to you.)

This particular post has taken over three hours to complete. I think it's time I stop and do some more real work.

Have a good day, everybody. Don't forget to grab a pamphlet on next week's seminar on your way out. ("How to Communicate With Your Engineer, Part Three: My Eyes Are in My Head, Not My Toes.")


You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where she is.

Comments

daz said…
hehehe, i'm glad i got you addicted (not so much addicted persay) to the Frazz and Get Fuzzy comics. although you may have found them without my help (eventually).

oh yeah i may be joining you on the wearing of flip flops as i'm gonna be leaving australia when it's summer and arriving back in CO when its winter and most likely with snow on the ground. plus, i think i'm gonna have to leave a couple pairs of shoes in australia (they've worn out and they take up valuable packing space).

wow this is getting long i might as well just write you an email. laters
daz said…
hey how do you do that word thingy to make sure no spam comments are made??
Anonymous said…
Man I miss the "this moment's mood" thingy you used to have....it was sweet.....Hi to all the Ashley/i's!
Anonymous said…
you are completely awesome ashley! I seriously laughed out loud because that comic fits you so well. If i were to look at that anyother day, i would just think it was rediculious.
Love ya,
Holly
Anonymous said…
you are completely awesome ashley! I seriously laughed out loud because that comic fits you so well. If i were to look at that anyother day, i would just think it was rediculious.
Love ya,
Holly
Anonymous said…
Aakk...I'm in the museum again...all alone...forced to do homework..."HI" Jen and Darren!
Oh! and Ashley don't forget to do that proposal for Dr. Bang.
Anonymous said…
I love lamp
daz said…
soooo confused....dr. bang??? "i love lamp"???? what all have i missed out on since being in aussie land (probably heaps as its been like 8-9 months)?
Ashley said…
It's simple. I'm asking my boss to marry me and Ashli fell in love with a table lamp.
Anonymous said…
I did. I'm lonely. I love chair too but more as a friend.
Anonymous said…
You guys are weird-sorry I never called you back Ashli-lots of really hard tests for the Jen. And Ashley-one of these days I'll stop being poopy and quit talking to Ashli through your blog. Sorry I'm a turd.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review