SOPA

As today's hot topic, I send you on to xkcd, the kind of site that wouldn't exist without things like Creative Commons ... which exists largely because there was no SOPA. Mr. Munroe has plenty of information linked on his site if you're curious about what exactly is going on here.

As a blogger and for that matter a child of the information age, the thought of any kind of Internet control makes me a little squeamish. The vagueness of SOPA, however, makes me truly nervous.

However, I would be remiss if I didn't add, "Don't take my word for it." Really, don't. Please read a little on your own and figure your own course of action.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to write my representative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review