The Calm

We had a fantastic week with family -- one of my dad's brothers and his crew were here before Christmas and just left a couple hours ago. Meaning, of course, that the week was filled with conversations, games, and waiting in line for the shower.

Now the company has left, the house is almost undecorated, and we're hitting that last-day-of-vacation-mid-afternoon-stretch. There's a fire in the fireplace, the books have come out, and at some point in time someone turned on the Jimi Hendrix.

This was always my least favorite day of the year growing up. I wasn't excited about going back to school. I hated undecorating. It was usually cold and icky outside and by this point, Mia Sorella and I weren't always getting along anymore.

When I got to college, it meant another week of vacation. After college, it was just another day before work again. Now...

Now it's just Monday.

An odd feeling to be sure, but at least this way I can enjoy the calm.

Besides, there are a couple more days where we may play Settlers ... and at the end of the week, I get to go to a wedding.

Really, not a bad start to 2012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review