Heat Index

I feel fine,
With the sun in my eyes,
The wind in my hair.
We're falling outta this sky.
I'm doing better than I thought I would.
But nothing's ever as good as when you're on top
(The Wallflowers, "When You're On Top")


It's hot outside. As in, "It's a relief when the temperature drops below 95" hot. As in, "Boy, I'm glad I live in the dry part of the state so that it doesn't feel like it's actually over 110" hot. They're two-shower days -- once in the morning to feel human again, then again after work to lose the layer of sweat that's accumulated.

This week is becoming a quest for air conditioning. Yesterday afternoon, I headed for the neighborhood establishment for the simple joy of being in a under-90-degree-room for a little while for the first time in three days. A car ride brings relief for a few minutes; a coffee shop is a pure blessing.

Heck, sometimes I just step into our walk-in freezer to get a couple minutes' relief.

The heat is on at camp as well. We're headed into our last four weeks of summer activity and The Bossman is looking for two new full-timers by September 1st ... and a new lodge is aaaalmost done with only a month before dedication.

If that's not pressure, I'm not sure what is.

Aside from that, I'm trying to figure out what step 34 (or whatever I'm up to now) is. Come the end of August, the gypsy year really gets started and I need direction. I'm trying not to buckle under the pressure, but this weather isn't helping. I'm tired, I'm cranky, and I can't seem to stop sweating.

Oh well. Like they say, if you can't stand the heat...

Comments

Tua Sorella said…
Korea....

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review