Drinking Habits

(Hopefully this helps me fix my publishing errors on Facebook. We'll see how that goes.)

Everything about my day-to-day life has changed drastically in the last eight months. Heck, everything's changed two or three times, really. But the one thing that is catching my attention the most right now is just how much my drinking habits have shifted.

In Wausau, I had Pepsi every day and the proximity of Red Eye meant that I was regularly drinking beer. No surprise on either part -- there was a soda machine at work and, well, Wisconsinites take their beer seriously. If I had coffee, it was usually at a coffee shop and usually adulterated.

In Sioux Falls, I drink a lot more tea and there's usually an open bottle of wine around. I'm also more conscious about the volumes of water I consume. When I drink coffee, it's usually one or two cups at home with a shot of some flavor of Coffeemate. (I love the stuff, probably because it's non-dairy and therefore doesn't mess with my system.

Around here, my coffee intake sharply increases, and I always drink it black.

It's explained easily enough -- until about 1 in the afternoon, there will be moderately fresh coffee available. There's no Coffeemate on hand and I'm not about to add any sugar ... but I will have four or five cups without thinking about it too hard.

I guess what I'm trying to say is ... I'm over-caffeinated at the moment. Holy cow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review