Half-Summary

Murphy struck with wild abandon this weekend and no one escaped unscathed. I lost my check card, my parents went to Minneapolis early, my brother left late, my sister missed her train to Beijing -- it was rough.

That's just the immediate family. I have no idea how many friends didn't make it home for Christmas thanks to the weather. After a dozen or so I stopped counting.

Shorty and I had an enjoyable, quiet weekend, punctuated by cable television, Megan’s snow shakes, and many games of Cribbage. All in all a relaxing weekend (except the nagging doubt that our parents would get out of the country in a timely fashion -- which they did).

Now my sleep schedule is off and the eerily empty office doesn't help. Or the fact that I'm combing through data and reading old reports to prep for a site visit next month.

Interesting, but certainly not active. And my back wasn't ready for me to sit still for another day. Not after yesterday's extended trip back.

Plus I'm distracted. I need to go grocery shopping, and I need to straighten up my apartment. And if I don't go to the B sometime soon I may explode. Oh, and I want to find a frame for the autographed xkcd print I got for Christmas.

Yes. I got a signed print of a free webcomic for Christmas. Don't laugh. It's awesome.

And it goes so well with the light-up globe I got from the other sibling.

Yep. A unique Christmas all around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review