Tranquility

Back at the B for a little while before tango. It's a good day to be here -- cold, rainy, very fall-like. There's a fantastic discussion about sightseeing on the West Coast going on a few feet away (I support eavesdropping if it means learning about new places to go see) and the scenery wandering around the store is better than I knew Wausau had.

What?

It's one of those slightly-off kinds of days. Work was uneventful in that Friday kind of way. I spent my lunch listening to three men talk about pregnancy (which was a perspective I hadn't heard much of before -- it was actually quite enlightening ... and entertaining). Mia Sorella sent me a link to a K-pop music video, firmly planting K-pop on my "Things I Will Never Understand" list.

And it's not just the language barrier.

Tomorrow, the Admiral and I (and M-Kay and her guy, in their own vehicle) are headed to Minneapolis for a housewarming party (at E-Train's ... That's probably enough half-hearted pseudonyms for one post). Should be good times, and the opportunity to stop at Trader Joe's besides. Hard to pass that one up.

On Sunday ... Well, we've got to get back from the cities. Other than that ... Nothing. No plans.

That, my friends, is a glorious feeling.

And so I head into this weekend with a sense of tranquility -- despite my K-pop run-in -- unlike any I've had in recent history. There's something amazing about a weekend with activity but no big demands ... Something soothing about a steady rain ... Something relaxing about kicking your feet up and drinking hot coffee at a bookstore.

I've said it before and I'll repeat -- life is good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You don't have to understand Kpop to love it. Granted, G Dragon isn't my favorite, but there are lots of bizarre Kpop videos to be had ...
-Tua sorella
daz said…
Care to elaborate on the scenery wandering around?

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review