Week Catch-Up

Saturday was a fantastic day out east -- there was a ladies' festival at von Stiehl Winery in Algoma, complete with wine tasting, lunch, chocolate, and mini-massages ... Awesome stuff.

Algoma is right on Lake Michigan, which meant that the view was incredible. And it was about 73° out all day with blue skies. In short, it was perfect.

Following that, the three of us that were attending (one was M-Kay -- the other name I will withhold at the moment because I cause enough embarrassment in this individual's life already) wandered down the pier for a  bit, stuck our feet in the water, then drove as far as Green Bay and stopped at the sister winery of the one in Algoma. Some tasting, some chatting with the staff (it was a lot of fun), and then some sushi in downtown Green Bay before we headed back to Wausau.


Where we picked up flowers and met Moonie at the airport -- me with a sign that said "MOON" and the unnamed individual holding flowers.

Dropped Moonie off at his car and headed downtown to the balloon rally, catching the end of the glow and finding a spot to sit for fireworks.

It was a fantastic day.

By Sunday I was tired of people and, as such, avoided everybody. I did manage to wander downtown to the Chalkfest. Which, as usual, was awesome.

Monday, Emma Jean and I went out for dinner, and last night the Admiral came over so I could mend his jeans (thereby fulfilling my "Auntie A" duties for the week).

Tonight, I run some errands, catch at least a little of the concert on the Square, and go to tango. Tomorrow, with any luck -- Harry Potter. And then volleyball.

And on Friday, I’m taking a break. This is a weird, hectic week.

Comments

Megan said…
hey thanks for the encouraging words- i'm enjoying dabbling in photography more- and i was wanting a new, simple look for my blog. jim says it's too simple- so thanks for your thoughts :)

i work with your cousin meredith all the time- love her!

Megan
Anonymous said…
Okay, so everyone gets sweet, non-descript nicknames. Emma Jean, M-Kay, the Admiral, etc... And then there's "Moonie"? Boy, I wonder which one he is...

Sigh.

:p

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review