A Wednesday Evening In July

There's something oddly comforting about listening to a thunderstorm. I can't quite place it ... It's not just the rain, which sounds dreary all by itself. Or the thunder, which can sound threatening all by itself. But the combination of the two I find incredibly soothing.

Is that strange? I don't think so. I'm guessing there are a lot more people just like me out there. Maybe one of you will even read this.

It's Wednesday night in the middle of an almost insanely long week. Tango tonight was fantastic; first, because it was a great chance to let off tension, and secondly because I'm reaching that point where I'm actually showing improvement. Noticeable, apparently, given the number of comments today.

Alas, it will be another week before such stress relief is found again. Between now and then there are another five days in a cubicle and a crazy weekend like so many others in recent history. If I'm lucky, I'll cram in a couple hours of hiking -- an activity with more physical exertion but a lot more chance to drive myself batty thinking too hard.

For tonight, I'll finish my pieced-together supper (why do I always put off grocery shopping until I'm down to mustard, a bottle of juice, and some form of moldy cheese?) and watch the rest of "Stranger Than Fiction."

Yes. That's an evening.

Good night, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review