Keeping Up

It's all about intensity.

This past weekend was intense. A lot of people, a lot of events, a lot of stuff going on in general. It wasn't just the anticipated activity -- so many other things happened and unexpected people turned up that by the end I was more tired thinking about it than I had been in the midst of it all.

I started June with a flight to New Jersey; I ended it with a flight to South Dakota. Funny.

Anyway!

Now I'm trying to fit a week of work into three normal-sized days because a) Friday is a work holiday and b) my parents are at this very moment less than an hour from Wausau. We'll be spending the weekend doing a little sightseeing and just generally hanging out. I want to take them to a couple of the breweries in town, there's a concert to catch, and I'm still playing volleyball tomorrow evening ... It doesn't sound like much, but I anticipate a lot of random activities and a fair amount of intensity.

For the next two months, I have very little (in comparison) going on. A couple of weddings here in town, some time to catch up on the rest of life -- it will be good. Particularly since September will be a whole lot of activity again ...

Shorty returns in early August. At the end of the month, he'll be leaving for college. While this doesn't necessarily concern me (I live too far away to help him move), it does mean my parents will be bracing for that. Intensity.

In the meantime, I'm probably headed to Las Vegas over Labor Day for a bachelorette party weekend -- a crazy thought, but that's what 2009 seems to be all about. I'm leaving for Rapid City at the end of September for the associated wedding -- which will be a twelve (minimum) hour drive, plus a lot of people, places, and things ... And hey! Look at that! I'll be in the same town as Shorty for a couple of days. So I get to hang out with my kid brother.

In theory a lot of relaxing, too, but we'll see how that one really turns out.

I don't know what I'll do with myself when fall hits. I'm not ready for it, and I very much doubt I will be.

And yet that seems perfectly okay. By the time fall rolls around, I'm sure there will be more going on. I don't sit still well enough for there to be nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review