Short Bit #3

[I love email-to-post. It lets me have these five minute breaks from reality. With alarming frequency today.]

Just a few short hours and I'll be on my way west. A long layover in Minneapolis (four hours -- seriously, what the heck?!) and then my little flight in the dark across SoDak.

I. Can't. Wait.

I won't land till well after 10:00 tonight, but that's okay. The lights of Rapid City will be there ... The amusing black hole of Rapid Valley ... M-Hill aglow ... The antennae on the hills throughout town ... The sign on the top of the Alex Johnson downtown ...

And Mia Sorella there to pick me up for the weekend's first adventure.

Then the gorgeous (even in the dark) drive, likely skirting town on our way south and west ... Past all the tourist stops, the last convenient gas station, and to the Gaslight (also a distinctive light feature!) ...

We'll be all over the Hills, too. Custer, Rapid City, Piedmont, Storm ... Lots to see.

I've lost chunks of today in five minute intervals as I stopped and thought about those drives. I've traveled some of those roads enough to picture every building, every gas station, every landmark, every sign ...

Sorry. Distracted for a moment.

Tomorrow morning, I'll wake up right in the thick of it all, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review