Detailing

I do a fair amount of traveling.

For pleasure, that is. I'm just far enough away from most of my friends that my preferred method of travel is usually by plane (plus that's a lot more comfortable if you're on your own); I take road trips when weekends permit; I usually go back to my parents' place for holidays.

That being said, I'd like to think I'm pretty good at catching all the necessary details. How to get there, where I'm staying, if I need to find alternate transportation once I'm there (my trips to Rapid City usually get a bit complicated) -- and to be honest, that's oddly fun to me. Figuring out the details. Putting the trip "map" together.

In a short time, I'll be headed to England for a wedding. My friend Anya from Russia is getting married in England -- and I get to go.

That's pretty awesome.

The interesting part right this moment?
  • Flying there.
  • Taking a train from London to Bath (Jane Austen central!).
  • Finding a hotel in Bath for one night.
  • Taking the train to Derby.
  • Three nights in Derby ... and no clue where I'm staying, but Anya knows and has made the necessary arrangements (she's awesome like that).
  • Taking the train back to London.
  • Two nights at a hotel in London.
  • A day and a half of sightseeing, including transit (buses and the Tube).
  • Transport back to the airport.
  • Flying home.
It's a good thing I like details or I would be losing my mind. I'm up to six different confirmation numbers so far, and the Brit is lending me his Oyster card for my various forms of public transportation in London. All I have to do is load it and use it (much cheaper than getting individual tickets -- or buying my own Oyster card).

It's going to be a crazy, crazy trip.

Comments

thisgoodhearth said…
Oh! Lucky girl! Bath. It is so yes, Jane Austen! And Olvier Twist because it was filmed there.

Have fun!

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review