System Restart

Sometimes you just need to do something crazy.

I haven't been sleeping like a normal human being lately. Actually, I just plain haven't been functioning quite right lately. And I've gotten rather sick of it.

So sometime Thursday I decided it was time for drastic measures. I needed to find a way to reclaim my head -- and I remembered what always used to help. It's crazy, but sometimes I just need to not sleep.

After years of weird insomnia issues, I found that inducing it once in awhile can actually set me back on track. Lo and behold, a weekend finally came along where I was accidentally staying home ... and so I had my chance.

(Me at 4AM in front of my decorated bathroom mirror ... which is almost harder to explain than not sleeping.)

As such, I've been awake for about 22 hours now. After work and some errands, I got my new TV set up and have been watching movies, cleaning, and working on my various projects since then. A couple of times, I've grabbed a blanket and relaxed in my backyard to stargaze. Oh -- and I can't forget the random food. The lack of sleep has meant my energy is coming from elsewhere.

M-Kay is absent tonight, which has helped. I've vacuumed, I've cranked music, I've watched "Independence Day" with heavy bass -- it's been fantastic.

In a short while, I'll watch the sun come up and then I'll crash for a few hours. After all, today is another day and I have plenty to do -- I mean, my lawn is quickly approaching jungle status all over again and I have got to pick up some groceries.

But this hour? This hour is mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review