Chaos

The office upheaval is beginning. They're in the process of relocating the first phase people to conference rooms so that they can tear down the old cubes and start putting in new carpet.

Which means that, for the next couple of weeks, people are going to be really bloody hard to find.

My phase starts in ... two weeks? Assuming everything stays on schedule -- a hefty assumption, since that hasn't happened yet. I won't be moving far ... Ten feet to my left to a temporary cube (I'm one of the lucky ones that they're not exiling to a conference room -- woot!) and then basically right back to where I am now. My doorway will move to a new wall and my cube will get a couple feet shorter.

In the meantime, I need to make sure my mp3 player stays charged. Construction noises are harder to block out than normal conversation (even normal conversation around here, which regularly reaches construction-noise decibels).

Okay. This is the sad equivalent to a "Today I went to JCPenney" post, so off I go. Have a good one, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review