Okay Then

Okay.

Things are picking up at work -- really picking up. Rather suddenly. I've sort of got my "own" project; I only say sort of because it keeps getting paused. I'm going through hourly data (over 5000 points) from another project that's already up and running -- my boss' project, nonetheless. I'm also investigating a new instrument that we'll be testing in the pilot plant as soon as it gets here. And I'm doing shift work in the pilot plant (sporadically, since something got plugged up this morning and they shut down).

The confusing part about all this is that each project is nothing like the others. I'll work on one thing for an hour or two and then have to completely change direction because someone needs information on something else.

I know, I know, this is normal. Quite normal. And eventually it'll feel that way to me, too. Right now? Right now I'm coming from a couple of very quiet, slow months. It's throwing me off.

Maybe it would help if I wasn't also trying to buy a car. Yeah, that's complicating life an awful lot right now. On the bright side, the confusing parts will be over by the end of the month and I'll be left with the payments.

On the bright side of all of it is the fact that at the end of the day, I'm jazzed up and have nothing to do with my nervous energy. My apartment is staying pretty clean for once -- I have to do something. I'm also cooking more creatively. Good side effects of stress.

And hey, my real vacation is coming up in just over two weeks. Woo-hoo!!

As my ender this time, I'll go with a quick survey. Who are you, where are you, and what do you spend the majority of your day (8 or more hours) doing?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Matt, Montana, Work (what else?)
so vacation! where ya going?
JustMe said…
Andi, Wyoming, work, in a coal mine.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review