Short One

Thinking about: Desuperheaters, acrylic paint, books, and what I should do about supper tonight.

On my playlist: Regina Spektor, Jars of Clay, The Beatles, The White Stripes, Switchfoot, and JuteBlue.

That’s right, Chris, you guys are now on my playlist. And to Brian -- I swear, they’re more normal than just that song. (Oy, what an impression I must’ve given … I’m not a very good groupie.)

In the interest of giving my brain a break, I thought I might throw out another update blog. There’s some other stuff in the works, but to be totally honest, I don’t want to think all that hard tonight.

Let’s see …

Huh. There’s really not much I can tell you. It’s been pretty uneventful.

I found a church that I have every intention of attending regularly, and while it’s no Fountain Springs, it’s pretty cool. Very friendly, and probably the highest concentration of People Under 30. (You guys kind of spoiled me when it came to looking for a church out here.)

I’m still trying to make a dent in the restaurant scene, but that’s slow going. There are very few chain restaurants (besides fast food joints), which makes eating out both more difficult and more fun. I can’t just drop in and order something I’ve had fifteen times already, but I also have no idea what I’m getting myself into when I go somewhere.

As of lately, I’ve been reading a lot -- it’s easy to do alone, it’s portable, and it’s fairly cheap. This, however, is something you’ll hear a lot more about in a few days.

Other than that, I’ve been floating along for awhile now, working and getting by. It’s a little sad, really. I’m not interested in just existing. But for now, it seems that this is my only real option.

This weekend holds a trip back to SoDak for Easter, which will shake things up a bit. Who knows after that, eh?

Well, it's short, but it'll do. Have a good night.

Question for comments: Name one topic you could talk about for hours, with or without questions to prompt you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
SNOWBOARDING!

and Oregon? ;p
JustMe said…
My animals...especially the horses.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review