Generalities

The man who drowned in the pond is named Lee Hofer, of Lee's Meats down here. He was an avid outdoorsman and was rather involved in the community; he even taught us (way back when I was in middle school) archery during PE. Not knowing the man (beyond a few days of PE), I can't really say much more. Again, please pray for his family.

It's February, folks, and you know what that means: my favorite (*cough*) holiday is almost here! I haven't done much shopping lately, so until today I had actually almost forgotten about it. Somehow there have been other things occupying my mind ... Anyway, I don't really feel like furthering the "single and bitter" stereotype, so if you want, you can read my previous rant, "Holiday Of 'Love'".

If you don't feel like reading it, here's a summary: I don't like Valentine's Day. When I was younger I liked it, but mostly because it meant we had a party at school and I got to have candy at home (something that only really happened on holidays). Now I find it silly, contrived, and way overdone. My dislike of it actually confused my boyfriend last year -- he didn't know whether to ignore it completely or be a "good boyfriend" and send me something.

T-minus 8 days and counting, at least till I head east ... Scary. I'll officially be grown up and on my own. It's crazy how these things work.

Well, I should try to sleep. I'm painting a kitchen tomorrow. Gotta be up at a reasonable hour for once. Have a good night, everybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review