Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Questions No One Asked

All right. A long line of random quizzes brings about the desire to answer random questions. So for this evening, let's give that a try, shall we?
 
*
 
Do you ever eat breakfast for supper?
Yes. I also eat supper for breakfast every now and then.
 
Do you play Scrabble?
Oh, boy. I own Scrabble, I have family members who like Scrabble, but I'm terrible at it and generally avoid it. Kind of the same way I feel about Monopoly, minus the ruin friendships.
 
Are you a dog or a cat person?
Honestly? More of a cat person. I like the low-maintenance thing. Realistically, neither, since I'm mildly allergic to both. (It sucks.)
 
Pick one picture that shows a highlight from the last year.
 


What do you order at McDonald's?
A stop at McDonald's is incredibly rare. But if I do ... Either chicken nuggets with fries or a Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait.

How much coffee do you drink?
Enough that one of the summer staffers said something to the effect of, "Have you ever seen Ashley without a coffee cup?"

Do you consider yourself a foodie?
Um, no. Also, I hate that word.

What are the last five movies you've watched?
Heavyweights, Harry Potter & the Order of the PhoenixFrozen, Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man, and High Anxiety. Don't judge me.

What book have you read most recently?
I just finished re-reading Emma by Jane Austen. It's summer ... I'm sticking with light stuff that I can walk away from after a five-minute break.

What do you do when you have a day off?
Hike, read, and sleep. A lot of the sleep if I can manage it.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
An English teacher, a rocket scientist, and an AIDS researcher. Ooh, and a famous author. Somewhere in there a pastry chef. (I've lacked focus for a lot of years.)

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Not yet. Did get pulled over once by an all-too-familiar soccer coach. While driving my mom's minivan. With her in the passenger seat. And my siblings in the back. (It was ... pretty embarrassing.)

Have you ever run out of gas?
No, although I was once left a car with no gas in it. (Mia Sorella and I were dropped off for a youth event and then Dad left a car for us to drive home. Unfortunately, said car had about five feet of travel in it.)

Tell me a story.
You mean besides the gas one? Okay. When I was in middle school, I was petrified of missing school for anything, meaning that one day in 6th grade I went to school feeling rather sick. The bus ride didn't help at all and I went straight to the office to call Mom. She promised to come pick me up and instead of waiting in the office like a normal 11-year-old human, I insisted on going to my first class. Sure enough, fifteen minutes into social studies, I ... puked my guts out. Hands down the most embarrassing thing to happen me up till then and for quite a few years to come. (I've had some interesting moments since then, like the time I threw my phone away.)

*

Okay. That's enough. Time for me to go celebrate the fact that my cell phone was finally found.

No comments: