Thanksgiving Week

Does anyone else feel like Thanksgiving pulled a sneak attack this year?

Seriously. I feel like the summer just ended. It doesn't help that I was gone for the first week and a half of November (yeah, you don't get to suspend time to go on a trip -- but I'm having a hard time reconciling my inner timeline to that one). In any case, Thanksgiving feels very ... sudden.

There's plenty going on in this house this weekend as well. In addition to the normal Thanksgiving festivities (read: the food), there's a new Muppet movie being released. If you've turned on the TV in the last two weeks, you probably already know this. (It's even occasionally advertised on Investigation Discovery, which is arguably not the target market.)

As our family is full of Muppet freaks (all five of us, parents and kids -- our parents raised us on "Sesame Street," "Fraggle Rock," and "The Muppet Show"), this is kind of a Big Deal. We may even -- gasp! -- pay for tickets to one of the regular theaters instead of waiting for it to hit the cheap theaters.

On top of that, the Packers get to play in Detroit. The only downside I can see to that one is that the game overlaps with the Macy's parade ... I'll have to flip back and forth if I'm going to catch Santa.

Don't judge me.

And so it is that we head into the long weekend. Despite the sneak attack, it's something of a relief to slow down and enjoy the beginning of the season. I'm looking forward to some quality time with Shorty, some solid family game time, and of course some fantastic food.

And "The Muppets." And hopefully the Packers going 11-0.

Life is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review