Thankfulness

So I'm sitting in the kitchen, eating some of our random appetizers, wearing my jersey and ... commenting on the colors available for a Kitchenaid stand mixer.

Oh yeah. It's a family holiday.

After what has been a somewhat tumultuous year, I haven't been good at thankfulness. 'Tis the season, however, and by all means I should give it a try.

I am thankful...

... for getting to see my sister this year.

... for having a place to live and ways to get by despite things not always going as planned.

... for references coming through in a pinch.

... for good travel weather for Shorty.

... for good weather in general. It's a fabulous day.

... for home-grown vegetables.

... for 10-1 / 11-0. Whichever way it goes is ... probably okay. (I definitely have a preference -- right now I'm just hoping for no major injuries. And there are some Lions fans who I don't want getting that satisfaction.)

... for insight.

... for pumpkin pie.

... for comparative peace.

... for sugar and flour and baking soda and milk and the magic of chemistry.

... for the four of us still being able to gather in one place for one more year -- especially if we can catch Mia Sorella on Skype later.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review