The Bucket

[As always ... There's an xkcd for that!]
Do you have a bucket list?

I like that term, somehow. It's so much easier and less ... chore-like than a "Life To-Do List" or something like that.

Until fairly recently, I didn't really have a list of my own. I mean, there have always been plenty of things I've wanted to see, do, or experience. Someone challenged me recently to start crossing things off that list ... which required making one in the first place.

This, of course, got me to thinking. What exactly is on my bucket list? And would I even want to share them with the vast, unforgiving Interwebs?

In the light of admitting to eating live octopus (oh wait -- I suppose that's an upcoming post!), posting a sampling of this list seemed okay. Some are more easily attained than others, but I think that's just how it goes, isn't it?

1. Attain a Ph.D. Hopefully I'll be working on that one inside a year.

2. Visit every continent. Three down, four to go ... Antarctica is going to be the tough one.

3. Go to a Packers game at Lambeau Field. Okay, so this one is more of a challenge than it immediately seems. Lambeau tickets are not easy to come by. I need to a) win a contest, b) marry rich, or c) become great friends with a season ticket-holder. Not impossible, mind you, but not easy, either.

4. Tango in Buenos Aires.

5. Hug a redwood. If only for the photo opportunity. That's some intense tree-hugging right there.

There are a whole bunch of more specific travel ones (for instance, the farthest south I've ever been -- in any country -- is Port Lavaca, Texas, and I have yet to get to Canada), but that gives an idea. Which begs the question.

What's on your list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review