Chaaaaaanges...

My, how things have changed.

In my former job, I risked paper cuts and carpal tunnel. Now, I have ... four recent (small) burns on my arms.

I used to drive six miles to work every day and it took fifteen minutes. Now, I walk about 150 yards to work and it takes thirty seconds.

In my previous location, I was a regular at a brewery because I liked their beer. Now I'm a regular at a neighborhood bar but it's for their Pepsi and wi-fi.

I lived 800 miles from my grandparents and saw them about twice a year. Now, I'm about 60 miles away and I've seen them twice in the last month.

I used to sleep until the last possible minute because I was only sort of enthused about work every morning. Now, I sleep until the last possible minute because otherwise I'll be tired by mid-morning ... and getting up before 5:45 seems silly.

In my previous job, I risked having customers walk all over me. Now I risk having small children spill all over me.

If I went for a walk before, I encountered and ignored eighty strangers before I got home. If I go for a walk now, I'll talk to anyone I happen to meet -- and if I'm lucky, it'll be more than one person.

Not everything is an improvement. If I were to compare pay scales and possible advancement, it'd be a joke. And come August, I have no idea what to expect. But I love being here ... so no complaints.

What can I say? I'm living the good life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review