Full Speed Ahead

In no time at all, things have accelerated from "practically still" to "AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!"

You heard me.

In the last two weeks, there have been brandings, a wedding, a hike up Storm (at sunset!) and all sorts of camp mayhem. The summer staff is almost all present and accounted for, camps are arriving, and I ... am spending my afternoon break at a nearby bar because they have wi-fi. And Pepsi.

Hey, sometimes you have to get away and check your email. Or transfer money out of your savings account so you can make a car payment.

Facts of life, my friends.

I can tell I'm back at Storm because I'm not sleeping as much as before. [I can also tell I'm at Storm because there are trees and hills and stuff. I'm a quick one.] It's amazing the instant transitions ... Although I need to adjust that one a little bit more because, well, I'm not as young as I was when I first worked here. It sounds ridiculous (at least, to some of you) but it's true. I've had a few years of sleeping like a normal grown-up -- switching to a college student's sleep schedule is hard.

For this afternoon, though, I can people-watch and relax. Only a matter of time before there's no escaping the madness...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review