Westward

It's raining again -- snowing just south of here, actually. And further west. Because it's May and it's the Hills.

My summer has begun, such as it is, and I'm hanging out for a few minutes at a coffee shop before I head off to the land of unreliable Internet. (Plus, well, right now I have free time, sort of.)

And wondering why there's a commercial for a Sioux Falls bowling alley on TV here.

Sorry. Train of thought ... Um ...

Ah yes.

Although my summer is technically something of a step back (sort of) I couldn't be much more excited about it. I mean, I get to spend the summer cooking. In a place I love. With people I haven't seen enough of in the last four years.

And I get to go hiking.

And kayaking.

And haunt my favorite coffee shop on the planet.

And hang out at the ranch occasionally.

And study for various acceptance tests.

And fill out applications for schools within easy reach of school and an incredibly helpful former professor.

Okay, those last two are admittedly not as much fun, but they're kind of exciting. This feels like true forward motion at last.

Comments

Megan said…
i agree- eating plants makes you feel good! on another note- tentative plans are in the works for me to teach photography in Rapid this summer (for a tax deductible donation to Poetice in my name to fund trips to Africa). Do you know anyone that might want to take some classes? have a great day ashley!
Ashley said…
I think I might know of at least one! Do you have any dates set? I could spread the word...

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review