Only Posting This To Make You Jealous.

[First of all, I give you this link. I was amused. You're welcome.]

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, we had corned beef and cabbage with rye bread on Thursday.

No, that's not supposed to be what makes you jealous. I certainly wouldn't be. I don't much care for corned beef and cabbage, but most years I end up eating it anyway. (Ew.) On Thursday I was in no shape to argue because I had a cold that kept me from moving much and boggled my brain enough that I couldn't seem to come up with an alternate Irish dinner.

Today I was feeling much more normal and the rather Irish-y dessert Mom found (that none of us would have been able to eat on Thursday anyway because we were all feeling pretty crappy) looked a little too good to pass up.

And oh, it was so good.




That caramel sauce was an adventure. First because it involves Irish whiskey ... and second because it involves flaming the Irish whiskey. Which, as the recipe says, actually does make a fireball.

A sustained fireball.

It was fun.

[Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha!!]
Although I may have darkened an upper cabinet slightly.

[Oops.]

Sadly, no pictures. It was after that particular moment that it occurred to me that there should be pictures. Depressing, I know.


That's a, um, serving suggestion. Definitely the freshly whipped cream. The Guinness is optional but perfect.

And I don't suspect any of us will be wanting more till tomorrow. Oof.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review