The Beginning...

It's only a matter of time -- and not a lot of time -- before I have to scrape my windows in the morning.

Every place I've lived has its distinct advantages. Sunsets in eastern SoDak can't be beat; western SoDak has the most gorgeous night skies and clearest air. (Plus, well, there are the Hills.) Wisconsin, however, has fall.

This is my fourth fall in Wisconsin and for about the next three weeks I won't really want to be anywhere else. It's cooling off and the foliage is starting to reflect it. Only a couple of weeks and we'll be surrounded by neon trees from here to Canada.

Yay.

Wisconsin fall has other perks. A few late warm days to wrap up summer things but without the angry schizophrenia of Rapid City's weather. A few chilly days of warning before the snow falls. The euphoria of a new season with the Packers. (In a couple months I'll be tired of hearing about the Packers ... But the start of the season is fun.)

Then comes snow and the Season.

Yeah. I said it. It's coming.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the reds and pinks and oranges outside and the green and gold on store shelves. And I'm going to enjoy a trip to Minneapolis for the Admiral's birthday, and at the end of the month my last (I think) wedding of the year.

And maybe I'll buy a new ice scraper.

Comments

Lee Ryan said…
Ok. Now I miss fall in Wisconsin.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review