Minneapolis Rundown

This past weekend was so far beyond fabulous that I'm still having a hard time getting back into a normal swing here. Even more irritating is that I really can't fully describe it -- it was just a fantastic weekend.

Let me give you the rundown of activities:

- There was a Chinese food feast late Friday night, involving homemade fortune cookies with hilariously snarky fortunes.

- There were leftovers, including steamed buns with sweet bean paste that were then deep fried for breakfast (and were surprisingly amazing).

- There was a trip to IKEA that perhaps went a little long.

- There was a bike ride to downtown Minneapolis.

- There were four spectacular concerts, including OK Go (which is who I was there to see).

- There was a song done entirely on handbells.

- There was good beer and pretty darn good carnival food.

- There was a night ride back to the Admiral's apartment.

- There was a late night of music videos and conversation.

- There was a late morning with more leftovers for breakfast.

- There was a trip to a rather large farmers' market (where I got some random produce, a loaf of rye bread, and a bouquet of flowers that looks spectacular now that all of them have opened).

- There was lunch at Hell's Kitchen, a downtown joint that I highly recommend.

- There were a couple hours spent wandering around an art fair by the stone arch bridge.

- There was an utterly exhausted return trip.

All of that was packed into, oh, about 54 hours. I'm tired again just thinking about it.

This weekend, I'm off to Iowa for a wedding ... after I spend Friday night getting things set for the next week.

Yep ... Definitely summer.

Comments

Lee Ryan said…
"...fellas I'm telling ya; you're gonna want those [hand]bells..."

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review