Resolved ... ish

Tell me, dear readers -- is it outrageously cold where you are?

Because I'm freezing my poor toes off.

It could be worse, by all accounts. My parents are stuck in Beijing thanks to the snow there ... Actually, they may have left by now, as their flight arrival time has held steady for a few hours now.

Either they're in flight or it's been cancelled altogether and they're stuck waiting for the next one. They're lacking in phone or internet access so I don't actually know. And the half-information I can get from the airline and airport websites is only so helpful.

This post wasn't initially going to be about the weather, but there you have it.

No, this post was going to be about resolutions. (Hmm. Ironic.)

You see, I made no resolutions this year. Not that there are no areas in need of improvement in my life -- quite the contrary. I made no resolutions because it's too easy for me to blow them off.

Instead, a couple months ago I took an alarmingly engineer-y approach. There are the things that MUST change (and I mean that sincerely), the things that SHOULD change, and the things that I would LIKE to change. As opportunities presented themselves, I started working my way through those lists.


Let me tell you -- I'm good at knocking things off that last list. And as it happens, getting one or two of those "fixed" has helped me get started with things on those other lists.

But the biggest problems are the same ones that prevent me from keeping resolutions at all, and could very well prevent me from doing much with my lists.

Momentum. Focus. I lack both.

I kind of have my work cut out for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review