I'll Be Home For Christmas...

How to describe today?

Today marked the beginning of a really, really screwy Christmas weekend.

Not bad. Not great, either, and certainly not what was planned -- but not bad.

As many of you are well aware, there's a large storm descending upon the Midwest right now as we speak. I was quite excited to get out of Wausau when I did because I managed to avoid some of it and get home unscathed.

A second stroke of luck -- Shorty made it back without issue after a late shift at work. He got back Monday, really early in the morning.

However.

Isn't there always a however?

My parents are headed to Beijing Sunday morning to meet up with Mia Sorella for a week of fun and games and quality family time. Which was going to require them to drive up Saturday night and hang out in Minneapolis.

Until this storm came around. There's enough concern over the possibility of the interstate closing between here and central Minnesota that they actually left this morning. For the next three days, they're hanging out in Minneapolis.

As for Shorty and me? We're staying home.

So in summary: Shorty and I in Sioux Falls, Mother and Daddio (sorry, that's how they're listed in my cell phone) in Minneapolis, and Mia Sorella and one of her friends from college in Shanghai for Christmas Day.

We've got big plans here, mostly revolving around food, movies, Cribbage, and sleeping in. If the weather's not too bad tomorrow or Friday and we're tired of each other, we can head over to our uncle's house for awhile. If the storm's as bad as predicted, we're all set to wait it out here.

By all accounts, we're fairly well off. I have friends in a lot of different places that are stranded -- some at home, some in airports, some who just aren't sure what's going to happen. At least I made it here, and at least none of us (family-wise) are stuck by ourselves somewhere.

Yes. A screwy Christmas. But a good one, I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

Adventures In Employment: In The Beginning