More Planning ... Because This Is What I Do

My last trip, I was packing for 100-degree weather, days spent at museums and on roller coasters, and nights spent at shows and clubs.

For my next trip, I'm packing for nights potentially below freezing, a couple days on a cattle ranch, and a few other days spent hiking and in coffee shops. Oh yes -- and a wedding.

It's just a bit of a switch.

I'm going to spend about the same amount on gas as I did for my last trip's plane ticket. That was an interesting revelation in itself.

For this trip, I'm not pulling up maps and planning routes. I'm not searching for restaurants or places of amusement. I'm not concerned by having to amuse myself. This time, I get to go with confidence -- that I won't get lost, that there will be no shortage of things to do and people to see, that if I forget something at home I'll know where to go to replace it (unless it's my bridesmaid dress, in which case I'm kind of screwed).

That's a good feeling. That means there will be plenty of room for actual R&R. What a novel idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review