Summary Of The First Half

Last night I had sushi on the Square downtown with a glass of wine, listening to live music, surrounded by a few hundred people -- including several good friends.

Yesterday I got an update email from my brother, who is loving South Africa. I also got one early today from my sister, who is nervous about her job in South Korea.

In the last six months, I have had high tea in Derbyshire, been intimidated by the Tower of London, climbed mountains, driven about 8,000 miles, been to two weddings, stood at the bottom of the Empire State Building in the pouring rain, watched contortionists in awe, watched the Russian National Ballet, listened to friends going through all levels in relationships, and taken pictures of my mother wandering the shore of Lake Michigan. I've kayaked, I've learned the basics of tango, and I've learned to be a better engineer. I've hit record highs and rock-bottom lows, and all sorts of strange in-betweens.

And that's only the first half of 2009. The second half looks daunting in comparison.

You know what?

Life is good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, you mentioned me rather specifically. Interesting. . .
Tua Sorella.
Lee Ryan said…
Oh yes; your adventures dwarf mine.

Have a great 2nd half!

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review