Mid-Weekend

What a crazy weekend this is turning into ...

It started with a Rubik's Cube birthday party. You wear one item of each of the six Rubik's Cube colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and white) and then you trade items until you're wearing all one color.

The pictures that resulted are priceless.

Then yesterday morning nine of us went kayaking. It was my first time out, and I have to say -- I think I might be hooked. I've already started looking for a used kayak (because, well, new ones are expensive) ... and a roof rack, because I drive a little car.

I was surprised. I thought I'd probably enjoy it, but ten minutes in and I never wanted to get out of the water.

I think it was a maneuverability thing, coupled with a control thing (shockingly) ... So much fun.

Anyway! That's what's spurred another list. This one is

One New Preference And Eleven Other Preferences I've (Re)Discovered This Weekend

1. Kayaking over canoeing.

2. Mowing the yard over shoveling snow.

And, even with those in mind,

3. Renting a house instead of living in an apartment building.

4. Pet allergies over seasonal allergies. [Especially my pet allergies, which happen to be dog and cat ... saliva. Yeah. Gross, hm? Thankfully also easy to avoid, particularly where dogs are concerned. Cats are a bit more of a task since they clean themselves.]

5. Three day weekends over normal ones. [Most obvious statement yet!]

6. Sandals or barefoot instead of socks with any other shoes.

7. Skirts instead of shorts ... although that's not always practical.

8. Events at people's houses instead of going out to bars.

9. Spring temperatures over winter OR summer temperatures.

10. Cookouts over restaurants.

11. Clear night skies or booming thunderstorms over cloudy, eventless nights.

12. Comments on my posts over ghost readers.

I'm not always subtle. What preferences have you discovered this weekend?

Comments

JustMe said…
Have no fear, I have returned...

Recently Discovered Preference:

Roommates that drink and socialize over ones that keep to themselves or are never here. That would make for an extremely boring summer in podunk...
daz said…
one preference you have listed:

events at peoples houses instead of the bars/clubs

one preference you don't have listed:

a few good friends over of a hundreds of acquaintances

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review