Summer Days (Impending)

It's on days like today that I find myself thinking about everything EXCEPT work.

For instance, Matt's going to be in town tonight and most of tomorrow. I don’t yet know what we're going to do, except that there will be sushi. (Yay!)

Summer's fast approaching. In the couple of months, I'll be headed back west for Shorty's graduation (crazy!), hopefully going kayaking for the first time over Memorial Day, and flying out to Rapid City for my granddad's 75th in late June. (Which reminds me, Katie -- we should talk!)

I suppose somewhere in there I also need to go swimsuit shopping. Ew.

Volleyball starts next month and concerts in the Square start in June.

I need to get to Green Bay sometime in the near future. It'll be a good excuse to move on to Door County, too. There was also talk (casual though it was) of a road trip up to the U.P. some Saturday for some hiking. (Novel idea -- going on a road trip with other people. What?!)

Plus I don't have fourth of July plans yet. Granted last year those didn't come about till the middle of May, and then I bought a last-minute plane ticket and flew to Colorado ... Maybe something similar will be in order this year ... although I'll be gone the weekend before. So maybe not.

You know, winter is always something of a relief when it rolls around. I'm not a huge fan of the heat and humidity, at least not long-term -- which I suppose is why I love living in the Midwest. Three feet of snow can be just as tiresome. Just when I  get sick of the weather, it's time for something new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review