Random Aside

I swear too much. I admit that most of the problem is just me, but it's also a hazard of my job, to some degree.

However, I've become much more self-conscious about it lately (it's not very ladylike!) and I've found that using random British slang has helped. Two words in particular -- "bugger" because it's a great stand-in for almost anything (and fun to say), and "nutter" because you can't have too many ways to imply that someone is off his or her rocker.

The catch is that I am a firm believer that the bigger issue is in fact the intent behind the words, not so much the words themselves. Alas, my biggest problem has been using words that are a bit too strong a bit too freely.

Which is to say -- I don't intend to stop cursing altogether. In some circumstances, those words are the ones that fit, and saying something else isn't honest. But using them when they don't fit isn't terribly honest, either. All about balance.

You may now return to your normal daily activities. Have a good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review