Slightly More Myself

Okay, okay, okay. I shouldn't post when I'm in a lousy mood. While I'm at my most honest, I'm also at my most brutal. That combination can be a little more than even I can handle.

And I'm the one writing.

Anyway, I'm feeling much more normal now. Went out to dinner last night -- as per usual for the summer, although we'll be moving to Thursdays now -- and apparently it was like hitting a big reset button. I was friendly, even talkative most of the night.

Kind of a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde change there.

The upcoming week holds a lot of cleaning followed by a girls' night (plus the Admiral), then the much-anticipated Stuartpalooza. I'm also looking forward to a day or two of sleeping in. Too many late nights and early mornings lately.

A few extra hours at work, too, I suspect. I got pulled in on another project -- one that's not actually mine, but they need some stuff done NOW and the process guy is already swamped. Enter Backup Ashley. Woot.

E-Train's in town this week which is good news for all of us who appreciate the nuances, oddities and antics of E-Train. Moonie in particular was much more chipper at BWW last night. It was fantastic.

[Side note: I feel mildly weird using nicknames/pseudonyms here, but this is what I call most of them in person, too. Except Moonie. Usually he's just Moon.]

Okay. I need to finish things up here so I can leave. Some food and some pool tonight. Good stuff.

Who else out there is ready for fall? I've been waiting anxiously ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review