A Landmark & A Guide To The Psyche

Wow. 500 posts. Crazy.

I’m going to do something a little different for a landmark post. If you’re new here, this might even be moderately helpful.


-----

My name is Ashley. I’ve been blogging here since June 15th, 2003. For those keeping track, that’s 1785 days (including the first day and today), or roughly 4.9 years. I started at the age of 19 while working at a day care the summer after my first year of college. I am a native South Dakotan; I was born and raised there and then chose to go to South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (SDSM&T, Mines, Tech, etc.). I graduated in December of 2006 with a B.S. in chemical engineering and moved to Wisconsin, where I now work as a process engineer designing water treatment processes for various industrial installations.

A few of my favorite things

- Storm Mountain
- The ranch
- Road trips
- My Chacos
- Movies
- Books
- Pseudophilosophicalizing


This blogs chronicles my adventures as a female in a mostly male school, as a minion at the scrapes and burns factory, as a cook and housekeeper at a church camp, as a lab rat, and now as a novice engineer. It covers some of the more "formative" years of my life, two big relationships, nine residences, ten roommates/housemates, one out-of-country excursion, and my transition from poor college student to slightly-less-poor contributor to society. Sometimes I have insightful things to say, but most of the time this blog serves as a way for those who know me to keep closer track of me. I also write an occasional column called "The Single Woman’s Guide To Life," aimed at women who are in my same general situation -- single, twenty-something, and surrounded by couples.

Navigation
There are three main ways to read this blog:

Chronologically. On the main page, newest blogs appear first. Everything is grouped by month and year in the “archival quality” list; if you prefer to read my college musings, you can reach them from that list.

Categorically. If you read an entry and want to find more like it, check out the "cliqued" list at the end of every post or the list on the right. Keep in mind that I haven't yet categorized all of my entries, particularly those from before 2006.

Searching. In the Blogger navigation bar at the top of the page you can search for a particular keyword within the whole of the blog.

Less common ways include reading backwards, from the middle of an open field, and while doing handstands. I am not responsible for accidents, catastrophes, embarrassment, or any other disaster words that occur because you lead an alternate blog-reading lifestyle.

Finally, please -- leave me some feedback! Click on the "more voice[s]" link at the end of any entry and let me know what you thought. I'm always looking for topics and ideas.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review