Sad Day

Heath Ledger is dead.

I'll make this quick, but this is something I can't NOT comment on.

A coworker caught me off guard last night as we were waiting for our table. "Did you hear about Heath Ledger?" Well, no, I hadn't heard anything news-like all day. "He was found dead in New York."

Holy crap.

It's strange. I was oddly depressed by the news. Odd because, well, he's a celebrity, someone I've never met or would ever meet. But all the same, there was some form of loss. He was one of my most persistent celebrity crushes -- and probably part of the reason I'm so drawn to Aussie accents. And he was very good at what he did. If you caught him in "The Patriot," you would understand. And whether or not you liked it or agreed with the thoughts behind it, "Brokeback Mountain" was an amazingly done movie.

And soon, "Dark Knight." If it's anything like the last Batman movie, we'll see what all he was truly capable of.

I think what might get me most, though, is the fact that I grew up with his movies. He was the same age as my ex-boyfriend. There's some strange perspective there.

So from a former starstruck teen -- we'll miss you, dude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review