JB

Okay. Long ago I claimed first groupie status, and whether or not I've kept it (I haven't been a very good groupie), I want to put in a plug for a very fun band ... They're JuteBlue, and they have a CD coming out soon.

They're admittedly not something all of my readers will necessarily like (well, 2 of you probably would -- it's the third I'm not sure of), but I highly recommend giving them a try. Some of my more music-savvy friends could probably give you a "sounds like" to narrow down their style -- as for me, I can say they don't sound much like the rest of my playlist, at least not consistently.

Tidbits:

If I remember my musical lore correctly, they recorded "So We Dug" in one take without having played it together previously. They don't play it the exact same way twice.

I heard "Creek" for the first time while standing in the kitchen of a cabin at a welcome back party for another friend ... And, to quote one of the guys right before they started singing, "We, um, haven't done this for a female audience before. So ... sorry." I proceeded to frighten a coworker a bit with it when they put their live album out there ... Tee hee.

Some of you Techies have heard them already, so go ahead and leave your own feedback. To my Wisconsin (and beyond) friends -- well, give 'em a try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review