Thanksgiving Highlights

It snowed! For real this time!

Okay. Backing up. Thanksgiving was great fun. Exhausting, but great fun. Quality time with the family during the day -- quality time with friends at night. (Hi Matt, Autumne, Andy, and Kajda!)

Some highlights:

We had a near-run-in on the drive home with an SUV that spontaneously decided to cross the median on I-35. Luckily there was a fence there -- although I have yet to figure out WHY there is a fence there. I was just glad it existed.

My grandparents came out for the holiday, which was super. I haven't seen them since July ... Considering I used to live an hour away and would go to the ranch on the weekends to get away from it all, it's been a harsh adjustment. In any case, it was great to see them again (and my dad's brother's entire family, which is rare, and my mom's sister and brother-in-law, which is even rarer -- it was a weekend full of visitors).

The sibs built one heckuva gingerbread "house" over the weekend (technically everybody in the family took part, but they did most of the work), of which I will have to post pictures when I'm at home on my own computer. It's pretty impressive.

My parents just redid the kitchen and it's beautiful. Thanksgiving was actually the fifth day it had been done -- and we put it to good use. Poor Mom ... It didn't stay clean for very long.

They've also acquired a new family member since I was last home -- a cute grey kitten named Edgar. He's surprisingly mellow (he's something of a Play-Doh kitty) and is DEFINITELY a lap cat. Which is unfortunate for me, since he also makes my eyes itch and my nose run.

Since then, I've managed to work roughly 20 hours (stop: realize that it's only noon on Tuesday) and sleep 6.5 hours (partly due to insomnia and partly because I was working 20 hours).

And it's snowed. I woke up this morning to a dusting of the fresh stuff. Gorgeous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review