Writer's Block AND Insomnia ... Oh, The Horror Of It All

It's funny. I did some manic posting (well, for me) over the weekend, but yesterday when I sat down to write nothing came. I had fifty ideas over the course of the day, but when I had the chance? Blank.

The same thing happened when I got home this afternoon. And fifteen minutes ago, when I tried again. All I could do was sit and stare at the screen.

So here I am, telling you about that instead of whatever it is I intended to say earlier today.

But not for long. I'm finally tired at a "normal" time ... or at least normal since I joined the real world ... I've been plagued by insomnia for a few days, the kind that keeps me up until at least 2AM just thinking. It's enough to drive me crazy (if only because it's extremely awkward to drift off at my computer at work -- first because there's no comfortable way to do it, and second because those two minutes will inevitably be the only two minutes during which someone decides they need to chat with me), but luckily after several nights of this it tends to catch up with me and I get at least one good night's sleep.

That sentence was way too long.

The funny part is that a year ago, I wouldn't have even considered sleeping for at least two hours ... Three, actually, because I was in a different time zone. But then again, a year ago I was living with five other women and had friends who slept even less than me. Now I'm surrounded by older people and families with small children. The building dynamics are just a bit different.

So let's see ... I think it's time I left you guys with a question again ... The comments have been lower than usual lately ... Which is saying something, really ...

What (or where, whatever) is the coolest place you've ever visited?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review