LifeLight 2007

Okay. So I'm way behind.

LifeLight was pretty amazing. Actually, the whole weekend was pretty amazing.

The weather was perfect. After last year's rain, everybody was bracing for the worst, but Friday and Saturday in particular were picture-perfect.

A small contingent of Techies showed up to camp out at the Family Hotel and my sister caught a ride back to catch Jars on Friday. Which basically means Friday was a pretty full house ... Not quite as full as last year, but hey, everybody actually got enough space to sleep and it only took about an hour to make and eat breakfast.

Jars rocked. Period.

Admittedly, it helped that I knew every word to every song ... except one. Shorty and I were equally stumped on that one. I felt better then.

Saturday my sister and the parents headed back to Minneapolis (thanks to my sister's frustrating landlord) to get her moved into her new apartment. The rest of us (all of us Techies and my equally nerdy brother) were left to our own devices to entertain ourselves.

We spent some quality time at Falls Park, barbequed, and headed back to LifeLight by mid-afternoon.

I think this picture was taken at the moment that my brother kicked me in the head.

The concerts were great, of course, as was making a Matt Pile in the back of the crowd.

Yeah, you heard me.

It's possible that we had a few moments where we were "those people," but hey, that's okay with me. It was fun.

Saturday night we were joined by Christina from Storm (yay!), spent some quality time in the hot tub, the whole bit.

Sunday got a little crazy. A few of us went to good ol' Sunnycrest in the morning (following a rather short night -- urg), then found some lunch. A handful of the Techies then disappeared, so as to get back to Rapid before the pre-wedding festivities for Micah and Anna. I got to meet up with Dyan for coffee (yay again!), and then hung out at LifeLight with My Guys.

It was a happy day.

They had to leave before too late as well -- there was a five hour drive ahead, after all. We said so long, and I got to spend the rest of the day and evening hanging out with my awesome little brother (including some adventures in food, merchandise, one particularly amazing concert, and an autograph line).

Monday, I made the trip back to Wausau.

To say the least, my summer ended on a high note.

Maybe I should have a lot more description, but you know what? There's not a whole lot more to say. It was loud, as always. The crowds were amazing. Only at LifeLight have I ever been surrounded by 150,000 happy, friendly people.

And that's just cool.

Comments

Unknown said…
I blame any and all lack of sleep on this trip on you!

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review