Denver

:)

This weekend was awesome. Just -- awesome. 10 of us drove down to Denver to catch a concert (The Sleeping, Plain White Ts, Emery, Relient K, and Hawthorne Heights, in that order).

Friday: We load the 10 of us into two cars and head out. It's ... um, cozy. We're approaching a highway change (yeah, I have no idea what highway that was) and Darren smacks into a huge rabbit. Not necessarily a high point, although rather funny (especially hearing Justin's description of the poof of fur he saw from the car behind us). In Denver, we crashed at Darren's mom's place and watched "Over The Hedge," which is absolutely HILARIOUS. Highly recommended!

Saturday: It all started with a run for groceries. Darren, Dyan and I ended up at this great little coffee shop that was apparently started by two Russian brothers. Darren liked the name, Dyan liked the coffee, and I liked the random Russian phrases on the cups.

After breakfast, we headed towards downtown Denver. First we wandered around R.E.I. -- this was a dream come true. I stood in the entryway for a full minute before I could function.

With the help of a "guide" (a Tech grad and good friend of Betty Lou's) we found an awesome family-style Italian place for lunch, which ended up taking most of the time we had before we headed for the concert venue. After R.E.I. and some amazing tiramisu, I no longer really cared about the concert.

We got to the Fillmore about an hour before the concert started and got to hang out in line with most of Denver's high school crowd. Whee.

A note about the Fillmore -- awesome venue. I especially liked the huge (blue) chandeliers. Hands down the coolest place we could have asked for.

The concerts were ... well, varied. Didn't much like the first band, Plain White Ts was fun, Emery was pretty awesome (I wished I knew more of their music), Hawthorne Heights was okay ... but Relient K was AMAZING. So much fun. Dyan, Darren and I worked our way into the crowd so that we were only about 12 feet from the stage and between two mosh pits (that got interesting). Music was great, show was great, the crowd was pretty good (the two girls directly in front of me almost got into a fight, which wasn't so great; they totally didn't get the concert idea ... amateurs). Overall, I was psyched.

We had a late-night supper back at Darren's, and then most of us crashed.

This morning, we went to Red Rocks Church. Wow. Just -- wow. Sometimes I don't get answers when I like, and sometimes I get answers to questions I don't even have the nerve to ask. Sometimes those answers just keep coming.

The drive back was uneventful; I slept for the first half, and there was some good conversation for the second. For the most part, we were all pretty wiped out.

Now, I think I might turn in early and get up early. I'm not really functioning anymore. Great weekends do that.

Have a good one, folks!


And I’ve been housing all this doubt and insecurity and
I’ve been locked inside that house all the while You hold the key
And I’ve been dying to get out and that might be the death of me
And even though, there’s no way in knowing where to go, promise I’m going because
I gotta get outta here
I’m stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I gotta get outta here
And I’m begging You, I’m begging You, I’m begging You to be my escape.
-Relient K, "Be My Escape," from MMHMM

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think grandpas shack the first denver trip was way sweeter of a venue, and GG sleeping the first half of the drive back LOSER

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review