Finding Peace

The summer is in full swing and I am back to the familiarity of Storm. It just feels good.

Already, we've had some interesting happenings, especially since there was a group of firefighters here training for the summer; our mostly-female staff enjoyed that. Sadly, they're done and have left, but they helped make the first week fun. (Not THAT kind of fun! Sheesh!)

I've been back out here two weeks, and it's rained about half of those days, including today. It's crazy; I've never seen this much precipitation. We're all praying it continues.

There's something different about downpours here than at home. It's all in the trees; at home, trees get battered by strong rain -- the carnage is visible and sometimes rather incredible. Here, the pines and spruces show no sign of the weather around them. They stand unmoving, unaffected, peaceful in the torrent.

The symbolism isn't lost.

Have a good weekend, everybody.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ashley -
Just so you know Andy and I broke up (yes, I can hear you now..."What! Again?" and "I told you so stupid-head"). Crazyness. I'm not too bad. I got most the crying out last time we went through this. Now I'm just a little upset-angry rather than upset-sad, but I'm not a reck like I was last time :) All is OK.
Anonymous said…
You need to update your blog. I like marbles.

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review