Misfire

My brain is misfiring, and I still have to finish my p-chem test.

Makes things more difficult.

The plant trip was pretty cool, despite being mostly bus time. I definitely need to check out Cargill a little more ... Interesting stuff.

Besides that, I finally managed to read The Dante Club, a book I've had since Christmas last year. If you're interested in mysteries at all, I highly recommend this one. Loosely put, it's about four (well-known) literary minds in 1865 who are translating Dante's The Divine Comedy into English. In the midst of this, someone starts killing well-known Boston personalities (a judge, a minister, etc.) using Dante's circles of hell as his template.

The particularly interesting aspect is that these four literary minds are real people, who were actually translating The Divine Comedy at this point, but the murders are fictitious. Brings an interesting dynamic to the book ...

Anyway, I should get back to work. Too much to contemplate; it's going to take most of the night to finish this test.


I was a peripheral visionary. I could see the future, but only way off to the side.
-Steven Wright

Comments

daz said…
oooo, i remember seeing that book and thought it'd be a good read. you gotta let me know how it is and then i can then borrow it :-P

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review