Topsy-Turvy

I lied.

I have no interest in writing about child punishment right now. None. It's been far too strange a week to revert back to that.

I have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to be back at school. We're down to 18 days until the end of finals week. Thanksgiving has passed and the last-month crunch is on. Four papers have yet to be written, one presentation must be given, and there are at least three regular tests and four final exams to take. This is why my true best friend is The Class That Ends Mid-Semester.

Thanksgiving was pretty awesome. Vacation started (for me) on Tuesday night after astronomy, when Darren was here. Yay Darren! It was still strange to see him again, after nine months of blogging and phone calls, but fun to relax and watch "The Emperor's New Groove." Yeah, we're college students.

Wednesday, I spent about eight hours in a car, first going from here to Yankton, then Yankton to Mitchell, then Mitchell to Huron. It was all pretty fun (Mitchell was interesting -- I've just about decided that I don't want daughters, unless they can live elsewhere from age four to age eight), but I was sick of the car.

Thanksgiving was spent in Huron with Aaron and his mom, and that was pretty cool. Two big meals ... oof. I love turkey. Friday we set up the Christmas tree and drove down to my parents' place, where the Gingerbread House Adventure began.

Seriously. It was very Norman Rockwell. Into this Victorian (no joke) monstrosity went:

-750 square inches of gingerbread
-1300 Froot Loops (roughly)
-2 recipes of hard candy
-3 bags of powdered sugar
-3-1/2 boxes of Red Hots
-1 set of floor plans
-Various odds and ends, like gumdrops, candy canes, Twizzlers, pretzels, graham crackers, and the like
-About 40 hours of cumulative labor
-Creative use of a Dremel

Biggest discovery? Mom's Hard Candy + Dremel = Cotton Candy. Not quite how I'd choose to produce it on a massive scale, but it worked.

Saturday we went to the tree farm and found our Christmas tree, and on Sunday Ashli and I took the looooong drive back. When the weather is good, it takes about 5 hours total for me. Yesterday, it took 7-1/2. Yuck.

Now we're back. Concentration = nonexistent. Homework = Too Much To Pique Interest. Sleep = Looks Too Good. I don't want to be here, and it's going to be a long couple of weeks. Finals won't be so bad, but the weeks leading up? Yikes.

Anyway, have a good one, everybody, and I'll talk to y'all soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review