Generally Speaking

Colin Firth. It's official. I'm in love with Colin Firth.

Actually, I just watched "Bridget Jones' Diary" and was reminded of the crush I developed on him this past summer, when I saw "Pride & Prejudice" for the first time. Yummo. Forgetting for a moment that he's my mother's age, let me lay out a few things:

- He's gorgeous.
- He's got that wonderful accent, which just adds to the gorgeousness.
- The characters he plays are the kind of guy that every girl daydreams about at some point. Some of us are even lucky enough to find them.

That has very little to do with real life. In the real life sector, I'm still recovering from one extremely backwards day. Yesterday was odd all around, starting with the fact that Colt left and ending with my attendance at a volleyball game. (That's only happened once before. I thought there were more, but memories only exist of one other occurrence.)

Add to that the announcement that the entire chem-e department is disappearing next week and you had one very confused Ashley on your hands.

I recall a time when I had interesting things (comparatively, anyway) to say on this blog, but somewhere along the way, the posts got excruciatingly boring. I suppose I could blame the engineer mindset (creative drain) for this, but in reality, I think I just got lazy.

So much to do, so little drive to do it. Where did my ambition go? I remember high school, when I had more than enough to go around ... when I did my homework with glee ... when I volunteered for things and enjoyed school ... I don't think I'm any less of a nerd now, but something happened to that drive. Perhaps my competition got to be too much (grr), or perhaps there was a drastic shift in everything else. I'm certainly not the same person I was three years ago. (Duh.)

I'm doing fairly well despite myself, much better than last year, but I'm having a hard time maintaining momentum. It's not that I don't have time, either (again, much better than last year) ... I just don't want to. Pretty simple.

With or without the drive, there are things I need to get done. Right now, it's economics and some form of breakfast. Hmm, breakfast ...


Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?

Comments

daz said…
don't worry ash, i'm in the same boat with you with the momentum thing (as i really haven't tried all that hard in classes since i've been in australia, and the reason isn't that i'm in a diff country its just that i don't wanna).

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review