Residence Life

Hey look! I'm still alive!

Sometimes I start to wonder, okay?

All the same, nothing much is going on around here. I worked twelve hours yesterday, so I was off early today. Yay! Nothing quite beats an early out on a Friday. Especially since I intend to go camping and would like to be able to get a spot (those first come, first serve ones like to disappear ... silly tourists).

Got an interesting email yesterday about my room assignment for next year. This is interesting for two reasons:

1) In my "guaranteed single room" (as stated directly in the email) I have a roommate. His name is Michael and he's from Pierre. Betcha he'd be surprised, too.

2) I cancelled my housing for next year LAST WEEK since I've come to my senses and have a house lined up.

Ah, the wonders of Residence Life.

"Residence Life" ... I'm pondering the name for a moment. Around here, it's kind of a large assumption. Not all that many residents have a life, to be honest (I'm one of those). And it's not like there are many dead people living in the dorms, either. But it's a much more appealing name than, say, "Dormitory Housing." Or "Housing Management." Or "Those Who Control Whether or Not You're Allowed to Bring That Lamp You Got For Graduation."

Much more appealing. Sounds fresh. Sounds promising. Perhaps misleading, but it serves its purpose.


Agree will me now -- it will save so much time.
--Ashleigh Brilliant

Comments

Anonymous said…
YOU LIVE!

That is very great to see!
Anonymous said…
Yeah I would have to say Res life screwed up. Everyone I've talked to had messed up letter. It makes you wonder if they really know what there doing sometimes. I don't like the name Reslife either. It's like nice name for something what it isn't you know? It's like saying your dumb in nice way. A disguise. I guess I shouldn't complain though. It could be much much worse.
daz said…
that's quite interesting. i have my new room assignment for next semester as well (as long as the credit card payment goes through). i'm moving to Old Res which is the same building/dorm the people i hang out with live in. this also means i won't always have to call them and ask to be let in and i'll have a sink in my room (big bonus).

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review