But I Ran Out Of Worthwhile Titles Long Ago

It's that time of year again, and I'm ready to get out of here. Seems only fitting, therefore, that I'm not actually leaving until the end of June. For the first time ever, I'm not sick of my classes. I am, however, tired of the school itself, tired of this little room that's been home for 18 of the last 21 months, tired of the people (sorry, but I'm sick of you), tired of the food, tired of the group projects, tired of the meetings ... All in all sick of being here. It's that time of year again, time for full-fledged burnout and general exhaustion. Time to start fantasizing about drop-kicking a thermodynamics book the length of three football fields.

Time to buckle down and study so that the week ends with some form of success, however mild it may be. Time to get as much planned before the dorms close because your next semester's schedule won't be on your mind mid-July. Time to pack up all that was accumulated in the last nine months and once again fill out change-of-address forms. Time to say goodbye to everyone (even if you're sick of all of them) and move on to summer jobs.

College may be an adventure, but it can be a really stinking repetitive one, too.

I apologize for my lack of updates, but this is what I've been up to. Studying for finals, packing, and avoiding people. Not exactly the exciting life.

Ah, but it's not all bad. It's just not exciting, either.

If it were, maybe this cabin fever wouldn't be quite so severe. My attention span cut out long ago, and I'm not sure how well I can deal with the fact that I'll be repeating it all in three months, with only a few changes.

Darren, you may have had the right idea here.

Anyway, that's all I've got for you people. Have a good week, and to most of you, good luck on finals.


It is better to wear out than rust out.

Comments

daz said…
right idea as in studying abroad?? you're still going to russia aren't you? well, laters
Ashley said…
sure, but only for a month, and it's during what would normally be vacation anyway.
daz said…
that's awesome. my mom kinda agreed to letting me stay a 2nd semester here, just gotta find which classes will transfer back now. anyways i'll keep ya posted. hope finals are going good for you

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review