Stupid Losses

Quick (relatively!) vent:

My computer crashed and now requires re-formatting. Fine, fine, whatever. I just want it to work again. It doesn't hold anything TOO important, EXCEPT for the pictures from my last mission trip.

Grr.

Shouldn't be an issue; in order to get those pictures, I had to scan them onto the computer at home, then transfer them to my laptop. They should be on the computer there.

No problem.

Except that the computer at home crashed, too, and Mom and Dad got a new one. I don't know if anything was saved from the old one.

Grr again.

Luckily, I have them on disk somewhere (had to get them to my laptop SOMEHOW). New problem: that disk could be anywhere. Fruitless search ensues.

Grr yet again.

Then, today, as I'm going through my regular CDs, I come across one labeled "Everything." Ambiguous, yes, but it contains just about all the stuff I wanted.

Yay! My world is safe to see another day. Now I just need to finish writing my Tech Comm speech and everything's cool.


Life is something you do when you can't get to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

?

The Ashley Files: The Gerbil Story

2019 Year In Review